To get the newest information of wearable devices,Subscribe our newsletter now!
In the good old days, it was normal to let kids roam around in the neighbourhood without adult supervision. Today, however, parents are worried about increasing crime rates and want to protect their children without curtailing their freedom of movement – and GPS watches for kids are a perfect solution! However, with so many brands of kids watches out there, how do you decide which is the best one for your kid? Well, here is a buyer’s guide that will help you select the right GPS watches for kids.
1. Battery Life: A GPS watch is primarily for the purpose of tracking your child, and a good battery life is the most important feature while selecting one for your kid. Communicating with satellites is a draining affair and its important to leave your GPS kids’ watch on standby whenever it is not in use. Look for both standby battery life and active battery life while selecting your GPS watch.
2. SOS Button: Remember that the real test of a GPS watch is how effective it is during a real emergency. Can your child reach you with just a click of a button in his GPS watch? The SOS button in our GPS watch
3. Geo Fencing: A good kids GPS watch is one which gives you the assurance that your child is safe while at the same time giving kids the freedom that they deserve. Hence geo fencing is an important feature to look for while selecting a GPS watch. For the uninitiated, geo fencing is nothing but an electronic boundary drawn on a digital map, which when crossed, sends an alert to the parent/guardian.
4. Usability of the Companion App: Most GPS kids’ watches come with a companion app that you can use to track the whereabouts of your child, communicate with him and receive alerts. The usability and features of this app is essential for a good user experience with the GPS watch. So make sure you try it out, before you purchase the watch.
5. Tracking History: Good models also allow you to save the tracking history thereby enabling you to identify whether the kid is moving through his usual route.
6. Sturdy and Robust: Any good kid’s watch must be sturdy and robust and this is true for a GPS watch too. Look for a watch that is tamper resistant and can be used in all weathers – rain or shine!
7. Other Features: Some kids GPS watches offer additional features. Make sure you select one with the relevant features. For example, one useful feature is an anti-drop alarm which alerts your phone in case the kid has dropped the GPS watch, using embedded optical sensors. A low battery alarm that sends an alert to the companion app is another great feature. Some phones also come with embedded microphones that can help to capture the surrounding sounds in case of an emergency.
8. The Price Tag: Last, but not the least, look for a model which offers you good value for money. Our GPS kids’ watches come at an unbelievable wholesale price of $34 per piece and has all the amazing features that you will ever want in a good quality tracking device!