To get the newest information of wearable devices,Subscribe our newsletter now!
Global Positioning system or GPS is used by different devices to determine its own location in terms of latitude and longitude with respect to satellite systems. A GPS tracker watch is a device worn on the wrists that employs GPS system to retrieve the location of the wearer and send it to some remote device controlling it. GPS trackers watches are generally used for kids by their parents to monitor their location. The GPS watches usually have a host of other features that serve the intended purpose of monitoring the wearer. Other features may be monitoring the health of the wearer by keeping track of various physical parameters like sleeping hours, heart rate, body temperature etc. It also keeps track of the number of steps taken and certain gesture patterns. The watches often have inbuilt speaker systems for communication or for the observer to listen on to the surroundings of the wearer. The watches usually have emergency SOS buttons to alert of any kind of dangerous situation to the observer.
GPS watches are usually controlled using remote devices like a computer, smartphone etc. It employs GPRS and GSM technologies to send over information about the location and other info it is capable of retrieving. Some watches like the Wonlex GPS kids’ watches have two-way communication systems. GPS watches generally have a small OLED or LED display and a lithium ion battery for 2 to 3 days standby time. On the outside, it looks somewhat like a regular electronic watch.
Purpose of using GPS tracker watch
GPS tracking watches are mainly used for children by parents. Children have to leave secured premises for various purposes and parents cannot always keep them in physical sight. However, using GPS watches the kids can be monitored by their parents even when they are out of sight. The watch returns exact location of the wearer and has various features through which different aspects like sleep time, health and safety of the wearer can be monitored.
Features to look for
If you’re buying a tracker GPS watch to ensure your kid’s safety then you should ensure that the watch has the following features along with GPS:
- Support for GPRS/GSM
- A fast processor of the order of 300-400MHz
- The watch should have a dedicated SOS button
- Some watches like the Wonlex GW300, Wonlex GW900, Wonlex Q80 and Wonlex H1 have two-way communication system and health monitoring systems. These features are something to look for.
- Good tracker watches have electronic fence systems to warn you when your kid leaves the boundaries of designated areas.
- Kids GPS watches should have a good standby time. Watches should provide at least 50 hours of standby time.
- The watches should have support for iOS and Android smartphones as they are the most popular devices used today.
- The price should be reasonable. Wonlex GPS tracking watches for kids have very competitive prices for some high-end features.
After you know all about these and get interested in to order one, then you can come to check models on iwonlex, there must one meet you need.